Rapid Evidence Review
The invitation to tender for our rapid evidence review on ethnic health inequalities has now closed and, following the scoring processes, the contract has been awarded to the University of Manchester, working in conjunction with the University of Sheffield, and the University of Sussex.
The lead investigator will be Dr Dharmi Kapadia. The value of the tender is £60,000. The project will run until the end of October 2021.
- Professor James Nazroo & Professor Aneez Esmail, The University of Manchester
- Professor Sarah Salway & Dr Andrew Booth, The University of Sheffield
- Dr Laia Bécares, The University of Sussex
The scope of the rapid evidence review will draw together literature on the main priorities of the NHS Race and Health Observatory and will include a thorough critically appraisal of that evidence. In addition, the review will;
- Synthesise and summarise what that evidence indicates
- Provide high level conclusions on where gaps exist in the evidence
- Deliver a clear set of recommendations for where the Observatory could usefully focus its initial efforts over a one to three-year period, including the justification and rationale.